Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Sindhur S R

Default ubuntu 9.04 installation

Hi,

I am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 on virtula PC 2007. I downloaded the 9.04 ISO from ubuntu.com.

The ISO boots up and install process of* 7 steps starts, after i select the language to install,date time and country the keyboard layout step comes up. where i select USA the default one.

After selecting this, there is an option to test your keyboard layout with a text filed, am not able to type anything that textbox and even am not able to put the cursor over there.

witout testing the keyboeard i moved on to next step partitioning and other stuff. But when the step called who you are come, which asks for details of user and login user name and password to set. Am not able to type anything in these text fileds, so am not able to proceed further with the installation. Without the user information its not going to the last, it warns with please enter user details.

Please help me out in this.

Thanks
Sindhur S R

Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Waleed Harbi

Try ignore keyboard test, or try latest version from Virtual PC. I encourage to use Sun VirtualBox better than Virtual PC.

---
Best Regards,
Waleed Harbi

Try not to become a man of success
but rather try to become a man of value.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Sindhur S R

Hi Waleed Harbi,

I ignored the keyboard test, but in one of the steps i think 6th step it asks for user details - user name and passwords etc i cannot skip this without giving the details.

Thanks
Sindhur

[...]

Best Regards

Sindhur S R

Old 10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Sindhur S R wrote:
> Hi Waleed Harbi,
>
> I ignored the keyboard test, but in one of the steps i think 6th step it
> asks for user details - user name and passwords etc i cannot skip this
> without giving the details.
>
> Thanks
> Sindhur
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Waleed Harbi <waleed.harbi@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Try ignore keyboard test, or try latest version from Virtual PC. I
>> encourage to use Sun VirtualBox better than Virtual PC.
>>

>> ---
>> Best Regards,
>> Waleed Harbi
>> Try not to become a man of success
>> but rather try to become a man of value.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Sindhur S R <sindhur.sr@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 on virtula PC 2007. I downloaded the
>>> 9.04 ISO from ubuntu.com.
>>>
>>> The ISO boots up and install process of 7 steps starts, after i select
>>> the language to install,date time and country the keyboard layout step comes
>>> up. where i select USA the default one.
>>>
>>> After selecting this, there is an option to test your keyboard layout with
>>> a text filed, am not able to type anything that textbox and even am not able
>>> to put the cursor over there.
>>>
>>> witout testing the keyboeard i moved on to next step partitioning and
>>> other stuff. But when the step called who you are come, which asks for
>>> details of user and login user name and password to set. Am not able to type
>>> anything in these text fileds, so am not able to proceed further with the
>>> installation. Without the user information its not going to the last, it
>>> warns with please enter user details.
>>>
>>> Please help me out in this.

What it asks for is your name. Then it asks you to make up a
password. None of this is personal data.

Karl

>>> Thanks
>>> Sindhur S R
>>>
>>> --

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D

Old 10-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Sindhur S R

Hi Karl,

Ya it asks for the details but am not able to enter the values in the text fields.
What could be the problem. Waleed told try with latest virtual PC, am trying on the latest version 2007 only.

Thanks

Sindhur

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

Sindhur S R wrote:

> Hi Waleed Harbi,

> I ignored the keyboard test, but in one of the steps i think 6th step it

> asks for user details - user name and passwords etc i cannot skip this

> without giving the details.

> Thanks

> Sindhur

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Waleed Harbi <waleed.harbi@gmail.com>wrote:

>> Try ignore keyboard test, or try latest version from Virtual PC. I

>> encourage to use Sun VirtualBox better than Virtual PC.

>> ---

>> Best Regards,

>> Waleed Harbi

>> Try not to become a man of success

>> but rather try to become a man of value.

>> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Sindhur S R <sindhur.sr@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> I am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 on virtula PC 2007. I downloaded the

>>> 9.04 ISO from ubuntu.com.

>>> The ISO boots up and install process of *7 steps starts, after i select

>>> the language to install,date time and country the keyboard layout step comes

>>> up. where i select USA the default one.

>>> After selecting this, there is an option to test your keyboard layout with

>>> a text filed, am not able to type anything that textbox and even am not able

>>> to put the cursor over there.

>>> witout testing the keyboeard i moved on to next step partitioning and

>>> other stuff. But when the step called who you are come, which asks for

>>> details of user and login user name and password to set. Am not able to type

>>> anything in these text fileds, so am not able to proceed further with the

>>> installation. Without the user information its not going to the last, it

>>> warns with please enter user details.

>>> Please help me out in this.

* * * *What it asks for is your name. Then it asks you to make up a

password. None of this is personal data.

Karl

>>> Thanks

>>> Sindhur S R

>>> --

>> --

* * * *Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

* * * *Linux User

* * * *#450462 * http://counter.li.org.

* * * * Key ID = 3951B48D

Best Regards

Sindhur S R

Old 10-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Vincent Arnoux

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 20:05, Sindhur S R <sindhur.sr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Ya it asks for the details but am not able to enter the values in the text
> fields.
> What could be the problem. Waleed told try with latest virtual PC, am trying
> on the latest version 2007 only.
>
> Thanks
> Sindhur

Did you boot Ubuntu as a live CD first ? If yes, does your keyboard
work in other applications like, say, the text editor before you start
the installer ?

Vincent

Old 10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Sindhur S R wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Ya it asks for the details but am not able to enter the values in the text
> fields.
> What could be the problem. Waleed told try with latest virtual PC, am trying
> on the latest version 2007 only.
>
> Thanks
> Sindhur
>
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sindhur S R wrote:
>>> Hi Waleed Harbi,
>>>
>>> I ignored the keyboard test, but in one of the steps i think 6th step it
>>> asks for user details - user name and passwords etc i cannot skip this
>>> without giving the details.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Sindhur

>> comes

>> with
>> able

>> type
>> the
>> it

>> What it asks for is your name. Then it asks you to make up a
>> password. None of this is personal data.
>>
>> Karl

>> --
>>
>> Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>> Linux User
>> #450462 http://counter.li.org.
>> Key ID = 3951B48D
>>

>> --

Well sounds like you have a hardware problem. This list can't
see your computer so it is impossible to solve.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Sindhur S R

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Vincent Arnoux <vincent.arnoux@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 20:05, Sindhur S R <sindhur.sr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Karl,

> Ya it asks for the details but am not able to enter the values in the text

> fields.

> What could be the problem. Waleed told try with latest virtual PC, am trying

> on the latest version 2007 only.

> Thanks

> Sindhur

Did you boot Ubuntu as a live CD first ? If yes, does your keyboard

work in other applications like, say, the text editor before you start

the installer ?

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Am using the ISO image directly, there is an option in virtual PC to capture ISO i did that, the installation strated.

During the process i was able to use the arrow keys and enter.

Thanks
Sindhur

Old 10-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Sindhur S R

>>> wrote:

>> comes

>> with

>> able

>> type

>> the

>> it

>> * * * * What it asks for is your name. Then it asks you to make up a

>> password. None of this is personal data.

>> Karl

>> --

>> * * * * Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

>> * * * *Linux User

>> * * * *#450462 * http://counter.li.org.

>> * * * * Key ID = 3951B48D

>> --

* * * *Well sounds like you have a hardware problem. This list can't

see your computer so it is impossible to solve.

Karl

--

* * * *Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

* * * *Linux User