Old 10-30-2009, 04:00 PM
bqz69

Default cannot drag and drop images into kompozer

I have just installed 9.10 karmic koala, and then tried to drag and drop an
image from dolphin into kompozer, but it does not work.

I think I have come a bit closer to the problem, because it seems to works in
8.04 and kde 3.5

Anybody know an explanation.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Goh Lip

bqz69 wrote:
> I have just installed 9.10 karmic koala, and then tried to drag and drop an
> image from dolphin into kompozer, but it does not work.
>
> I think I have come a bit closer to the problem, because it seems to works in
> 8.04 and kde 3.5
>
> Anybody know an explanation.

You may have more luck getting an answer from this list

kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

if the query is specifically kubuntu related.

Regards,
Goh Lip

Old 10-30-2009, 05:25 PM
bqz69

On Friday 30 October 2009 06:51:46 pm Goh Lip wrote:
> bqz69 wrote:
> > I have just installed 9.10 karmic koala, and then tried to drag and drop
> > an image from dolphin into kompozer, but it does not work.
> >
> > I think I have come a bit closer to the problem, because it seems to
> > works in 8.04 and kde 3.5
> >
> > Anybody know an explanation.
>
> You may have more luck getting an answer from this list
>
> kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> if the query is specifically kubuntu related.
>
> Regards,
> Goh Lip
Thanks, but it's not, because it also works in 8.04 gnome (both with kernel
2.6.24-16 -and 2.6.24-24)

Old 11-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Avi Greenbury

bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> Thanks, but it's not, because it also works in 8.04 gnome (both with
> kernel 2.6.24-16 -and 2.6.24-24)

While not stictly KDE-related, you're more likely to find an answer on
the Kubuntu list, since most Gnome users wont be using Dolphon.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk

Old 11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Derek Broughton

Avi Greenbury wrote:

> bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, but it's not, because it also works in 8.04 gnome (both with
>> kernel 2.6.24-16 -and 2.6.24-24)
>
> While not stictly KDE-related, you're more likely to find an answer on
> the Kubuntu list, since most Gnome users wont be using Dolphon.

I'm not sure most KDE users will either :-) [I still don't]
--
derek

Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
bqz69

I have found out, that it is possible to drag and drop an image direct into
kompozer from dolphin, nautilus and konqueror file manager.

I have also found out, that it is possible to drag a link from firefox
webbrowser direct into kompozer.

This makes it very easy and quick to make a webpage.

It works in 8.04 in both kde and gnome

I would like to know what is needed to make it work in newer ubuntu
distributions?

My intention is to have kompozer, dolphin and firefox open in the same desktop
window, and inserting images and links direct by drag and drop.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
bqz69

On Monday 19 October 2009 04:07:07 pm bqz69 wrote:
> I have found out, that it is possible to drag and drop an image direct into
> kompozer from dolphin file manager.

I have been doing trial and error a lot, and I have now come the conclusion,
that drag and drop works in kompozer 0.7.10, but not in some of the newer
kompozer versions.

Ubuntu 9.04 has kompozer 0.7.10 to be installed by synaptic as default
version, and this version can drag and drop, but otherwise this version does
not work in ubuntu 9.04 ?