Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 PM
bqz69

Default How do I login into kde when booting ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala

I have installed ubuntu 9.10 alternate, and I have then installed kde with
synaptic.

When I then try to login to kde, I do not get any choice in the login manager
to select kde.

So my question is, how do I log into kde.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Avi Greenbury

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:29:02 +0100
bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:

> I have installed ubuntu 9.10 alternate, and I have then installed kde
> with synaptic.
>
> When I then try to login to kde, I do not get any choice in the login
> manager to select kde.
>
> So my question is, how do I log into kde.

You should have a 'session' dropdown (well, dropup) in the menu along
the bottom. That's been a feature of all the 9.10 installs I've seen.

From here you should be able to select kde.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk

Old 10-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

> alternate, and I have then installed kde with
> synaptic.
>
> When I then try to login to kde, I do not get any choice in
> the login manager
> to select kde.
>
> So my question is, how do I log into kde.

Did you not see a kde selection in one of the dropdown menu boxes on the login manager?* If not, did you install the kubuntu-desktop?
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 10-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Goh Lip

bqz69 wrote:
> I have installed ubuntu 9.10 alternate, and I have then installed kde with
> synaptic.
>
> When I then try to login to kde, I do not get any choice in the login manager
> to select kde.
>
> So my question is, how do I log into kde.

You have to install "kubuntu-desktop".
If you have enabled passwordless login in, then log out (not shut-down),
then at login in menu, there is a 'button' where you can choose kde,
gnome or default.

or you can type at terminal
sudo /etc/init.d/kdm start

Regards,