Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 PM
bqz69

Default When installing ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala will grub2 work together with grub legacy

I have just installed ubuntu 9.10 on a pc, and grub2 worked perfect, and made
a grub2 login menu with my two other OS (wxp and 8.04), so I can choose which
of the three OS to login to at boot time

Old 10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Goh Lip

bqz69 wrote:
> I have just installed ubuntu 9.10 on a pc, and grub2 worked perfect, and made
> a grub2 login menu with my two other OS (wxp and 8.04), so I can choose which
> of the three OS to login to at boot time

Great. A good tool to have is an (empty grub.cfg) grub2 cdrom so that
you can use this to boot to any OS if you have any problem. To get it,
type at terminal

grub-mkrescue abc.iso

where abc.iso is name of iso (can be any name you choose) which will be
created at ~/ if your command is at home. Burn that iso and you will
have a bootable grub2 cdrom for you to boot up.

Take care.
Regards,
Goh Lip