Old 10-30-2009, 07:45 AM

Default Pretty blinking lights

Here is a question of comfort. I tried Ubuntu 8 live cd. When you activated the wifi network it had an animated icon in the system tray for network activity. It had an activity light each for transmit and receive.* I find these to be very helpful but it tends to disappear from whatever desktop, windows or linux. I never understand why companies add features that people get used to only to delete them in the next version. This adds nothing but frustration. Does anyone know how to get that activity animation back with 9.10?