Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 PM
"Wayne Martin"

Default My Account not in SUDO access list

How do I add my account to the sudo access
list?
This is a new server with a new install and I am
trying to get things setup for the first time.
*
*
Wayne Martin

Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 PM
"Pr Lidn"

Hello, execute (in a terminal) su (and provide password for root), and then visudo to edit the file /etc/sudoers. It is important that you use visudo, and not editing it directly (for reasons I don't know). I myself added the line

joe *** ALL=NOPASSWD:ALL
to the bottom (if joe is my username). Then I never have to type my password. If you jus ttype
joe ALL = ALL
then you have to type your password sometimes.

Regards
/Pr

Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 PM
"Wayne Martin"

what is the root password, I did not change it so
it should be the default.
*

[...]

ubuntu-users mailing
list

Old 01-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Nils Kassube

Wayne Martin wrote:
> How do I add my account to the sudo access list?
> This is a new server with a new install and I am trying to get things
> setup for the first time.

Reboot your machine and in the Grub menu select recovery mode. Then you
are logged in as root. Use the command

nano /etc/group

and search for the line starting with "admin". Add your login name to the
end of the line. If there is a user name already, use a comma to separate
the login names.

Nils