-   -   My Account not in SUDO access list (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/27135-my-account-not-sudo-access-list.html)

"Wayne Martin" 01-02-2008 08:11 PM

My Account not in SUDO access list

How do I add my account to the sudo access
list?
This is a new server with a new install and I am
trying to get things setup for the first time.
*
*
Wayne Martin

"Pr Lidn" 01-02-2008 08:39 PM

My Account not in SUDO access list

Hello, execute (in a terminal) su (and provide password for root), and then visudo to edit the file /etc/sudoers. It is important that you use visudo, and not editing it directly (for reasons I don't know). I myself added the line

joe *** ALL=NOPASSWD:ALL
to the bottom (if joe is my username). Then I never have to type my password. If you jus ttype
joe ALL = ALL
then you have to type your password sometimes.

Regards
/Pr

"Wayne Martin" 01-02-2008 10:22 PM

My Account not in SUDO access list

what is the root password, I did not change it so
it should be the default.
*

[...]

ubuntu-users mailing
list

Nils Kassube 01-03-2008 05:54 AM

Wayne Martin wrote:
> How do I add my account to the sudo access list?
> This is a new server with a new install and I am trying to get things
> setup for the first time.

Reboot your machine and in the Grub menu select recovery mode. Then you
are logged in as root. Use the command

nano /etc/group

and search for the line starting with "admin". Add your login name to the
end of the line. If there is a user name already, use a comma to separate
the login names.

Nils