Old 10-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Rick

Default Raid ?

Can the new 9.10 (K)ubuntu support on board nvidia raid controller, for
raid 0 ?

Thanks!
Richard

Old 10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Jonas Pedersen

On Thursday 29 October 2009 17:38:36 Rick wrote:
> Can the new 9.10 (K)ubuntu support on board nvidia raid controller, for
> raid 0 ?

I am not 100% sure, but to my knowledge that should be possible.

--
Jonas Pedersen - jonas - at - jope.eu / http://jope.eu
Online picture gallery at http://pictureshow.dk

Old 10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Artur Frydel

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Rick <rick0009@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can the new 9.10 (K)ubuntu *support on board nvidia raid controller, for
> raid 0 ?

Why would you use fake-raid? I suppose you have a "simply" dekstop motherboard?
I that case better choice is to use software RAID. Why? When you use
on-board raid to build RAID0, and in future you lost your hardware,
then data on disk will be lost to. In software raid you simply rebuild
your diskc to new moterboard and voila.

--
Best regards.
Artur 'Bzyk' Frydel