Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

Default question about mailing lists license ,

10/29/2009 10:44 AM, a dehqan::
> In The Name Of God The compassionate merciful
> Is it against to a mailing list license if someone allows that his/her
> notes/answers to be copied into a non-free book ?

You're gonna insert mailing list quotes into the Bible?
You may then use all mine.

Amen.

+261 33 11 207 36

Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Shahnawaz Jamot

Do I have to reply like this to talk to you guys in the mailing list? I just registered few minutes ago and I still don't get this mailing list thing yet.
Need help

Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 AM
a dehqan

In The Name Of God The compassionate merciful

Thanks for your attention ;
Hello;

You're gonna insert mailing list quotes into the Bible?

You may then use all mine.

Amen.

Thanks but member answers will pass through mailing list server , so should we* regard mailing list license before copying member answers (while member themself allow)? at all does mailing list have any license ?

Shahnawaz Jamot what is your problem ?

Regards dehqan

Old 10-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

10/29/2009 10:57 AM, Shahnawaz Jamot::
> Need help

What help, exactly?

+261 33 11 207 36

Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Shahnawaz Jamot

Hi,
I'm intending to migrate to Linux Ubuntu from Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Here are my System details:

Processor:
Pentium (R) 4 CPU 1.70 GHz
(ACPIGENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_15_MODEL_1\_0

512 MB of RAM

Network Adapter:
Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection

Onboard audio:
Integrated PCI AC'97
ADI 1981A CODEC
SoundMAX 3.0 with SPX

Webcam
A4 TECH PC Camera V

Display Adapter
Intel (R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Disk Drive:
ST3802110 A** (I guess it's my hard disk, and it's 80 GB)

DVD/CD-ROM:
SONY CD-RW CRX320EE

Printer:
HP PSC 1402

I want to know, if I install Ubuntu, will my all hardware work well and supported by Ubuntu OS?
If Ubuntu, won't automatically detect and install drivers for my Network Adapter, I won't be able to connect to internet. So if I have to download drivers from web, can you tell me where to download? so I may download and keep a copy of them in my data traveler USB device.

Will I be able to use my webcam in the messengers like MSN, Yahoo and Skype with my friends using Windows?

I have 4 partitions on my Disk, 3 are NTFS and one is FAT32
Can I just delete the C partition, and create a new one instead of it to use Ubuntu?
OR should I delete all the partitions? back up all the data of all the partitions? and then create all new partitions for Ubuntu?

And Can I install Ubuntu from a USB data traveler (Kingston) ? Because my CD writer isn't working properly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shahnawaz Jamot

In The Name Of God The compassionate merciful

Thanks for your attention ;
Hello;

You're gonna insert mailing list quotes into the Bible?

You may then use all mine.

Amen.

Thanks but member answers will pass through mailing list server , so should we* regard mailing list license before copying member answers (while member themself allow)? at all does mailing list have any license ?

Shahnawaz Jamot what is your problem ?

Regards dehqan

Keep your friends updated— even when you’re not signed in.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Nils Kassube

a dehqan wrote:
> Is it against to a mailing list license if someone allows that
> his/her notes/answers to be copied into a non-free book ?

For legal questions you should ask your lawyer.

Nils

Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 AM
David Curtis

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:14:20 +0330
a dehqan <dehqan65@gmail.com> wrote:

> In The Name Of God The compassionate merciful
>
> Good day everyone ;
> Is it against to a mailing list license if someone allows that his/her
> notes/answers to be copied into a non-free book ?

How can you be assured of the veracity of the answer? The individuals
who participate are most likely _not_ Ubuntu/Linux gurus. Although
they may have excellent experience some answers lack thoroughness or are
just plain wrong. I and a lot of others have been guilty of both.

If I read your previous posts correctly, you believe the participants
on this list directly represent Ubuntu and/or Canonical, this is
incorrect.

Aside from the above, please google "email and copyright" for tons of
information about legal use of online works.

Dave

Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

10/29/2009 11:25 AM, Shahnawaz Jamot::
> Hi,
> I'm intending to migrate to Linux Ubuntu from Windows XP Service Pack 3.

- create a new thread,
- dont top post
- use plain text

About your question:
Try a LiveCD of Ubuntu then report back here.

+261 33 11 207 36

Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 AM
a dehqan

In The Name Of God The compassionate merciful

Good day everyone ;

For legal questions you should ask your lawyer.

Nils

It is not related to lawyer , it is related to this mailing list license , whether license allow or not ,
does owner of this list* read this question ?

Regards dehqan

Old 10-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Nils Kassube

a dehqan wrote (without attribution):
> > For legal questions you should ask your lawyer.
> >

> > Nils
>
> It is not related to lawyer , it is related to this mailing list
> license , whether license allow or not ,

Yes it is a question for a lawyer. Let's say, someone gives an
(obviously wrong) answer here that you may freely copy everything you
find somewhere. If you then follow that advice, you may be in big
trouble later if someone sues you for copyright infringement. No judge
will take your excuse seriously that you "read it somewhere at the
internet that you may copy everything". Only if you hire a lawyer you
will get a qualified answer.

> does owner of this list read this question ?

Maybe, but you should better ask a lawyer anyway.

Nils