Old 10-29-2009, 01:18 AM
J Bickhard

Default NAS remote backup.

I'll admit it: I'm cheap. Instead of just buying a new USB 2.0 card,
I'm going to build an NAS to create a remote backup through my
network. I just want to do a once-in-a-while full-image backup of one
of my computers. Where should I start?

Jake (dats me)

Old 10-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Smoot Carl-Mitchell

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 21:18 -0500, J Bickhard wrote:
> I'll admit it: I'm cheap. Instead of just buying a new USB 2.0 card,
> I'm going to build an NAS to create a remote backup through my
> network. I just want to do a once-in-a-while full-image backup of one
> of my computers. Where should I start?

Take a look at pdumpfs or glastree. Do a Google search for either. You
can use rsync to do a full filesystem dump to the NAS and then set up
pdumpfs or glastree to build storage efficient daily snapshots.
--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
Computer Systems and