Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Carl Spitzer

Default local cache

I run a Sony Vio PIII with Hardy.
It stores the upgrades in a local cache.
Can I reuse that cache on a new install on another system which does not
have broadband access?

CWSIV

Old 10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Detlef Lechner

Carl Spitzer wrote:
> I run a Sony Vio PIII with Hardy.
> It stores the upgrades in a local cache.
> Can I reuse that cache on a new install on another system which does not
> have broadband access?

I believe, yes. The set of packages may be incomplete though.

Both machines should have a similar hardware architecture (for example,
both are x86 processors).

Detlef

Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Avi Greenbury

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:10:09 -0700
Carl Spitzer <lynux@lavabit.com> wrote:

> I run a Sony Vio PIII with Hardy.
> It stores the upgrades in a local cache.
> Can I reuse that cache on a new install on another system which does
> not have broadband access?

I don't see why not, presuming the arch and version are the same.

Something like apt-mirror might be more appropriate, though.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk