Old 10-28-2009, 11:52 AM

Default Ubuntu on old PC update

Well I decided to go though my disks I made. Out of this I
noticed that top the line one I boutght in 2005 has a high failure rate. So out
of the remaining I found a 8.04 that works And installs up to 71%. After that it boots
into live CD (internet access is no problem) I get the feeling that it is installing the OS however GRUB hasn’t installed. In Attempting to partion
(and this works) I see a version of 9.04 so it is somewhat Installing the OS. I
haven’t found my disk cleaner as of yet but I do have another drive that’s a
cd. I burned a cdrw as fits but nothing came from it. In terms of USB it isn’t
checking the USB Drive when booting. I’ve also used a SD card via the media
reader but it didn’t read that either. It just came to me today that the BIOS
probably just selects one drive to boot from soI am under the general
assumption that if (hopefully) the bios has an option menu to select What drive
to boot from I should be able to boot from USB and hopefully install with it. With
no errors. To note the pc itself has probably nothing on it. Not even windows.
When booted it just prompts for the boot disk and to press enter.