Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 AM
andrew clarke

Default wget to download youtube videos

On Tue 2009-10-27 21:31:51 UTC+0530, Ashim Kapoor (ashimkapoor@gmail.com) wrote:

> Can someone explain to me as to how I can use wget to download you tube videos?

I use youtube-dl. For more information you can go to the web site at

http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home

To install youtube-dl in Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install youtube-dl

Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 PM
NoOp

On 10/28/2009 04:40 AM, Chris Jones wrote:

>> Thanks! That was just what I needed. Now I want to include the video
>> in a openoffice impress
>> presentation. I can get it included, but it will not play. ¿What to do?
>
> The video is in flash format (.flv) ? If so then perhaps openoffice does
> not support this.

OOo supports .flv You won't find the extension type listed in the
dropdown box, but it works just find when you Insert|Movie and Sound.
The movie will show up as a dark square with a question mark in the
middle (I'll have to file a bug about this) when working in 'Normal'
mode, but when you play the slide show the movie/video will play just
fine. Note: make sure that you have installed _all_ of openoffice & have
java installed:

$ sudo apt-get install openoffice.org

The complete OOo is not included in the install CD or DVD due to media
limits.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Graham Watkins

andrew clarke wrote:
> On Tue 2009-10-27 21:31:51 UTC+0530, Ashim Kapoor (ashimkapoor@gmail.com) wrote:
>

>> Can someone explain to me as to how I can use wget to download you tube videos?
>>

> I use youtube-dl. For more information you can go to the web site at
>
> http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home
>
> To install youtube-dl in Ubuntu:
>
> sudo apt-get install youtube-dl

Firefox downloadhelper will download YouTube videos and more. It will
also convert them to other formats.