Old 10-28-2009, 07:55 AM
ning luwen

Default help me, a broken package can be removed

error from synaptic:
E: flashplugin-installer: subprocess installed pre-removal script
returned error exit status 2

try:sudo dpkg --force-all --remove flashplugin-installer
return:
(Reading database ... 194602 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing flashplugin-installer ...
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for iceape-flashplugin.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for iceape-flashplugin.
dpkg: error processing flashplugin-installer (--remove):
subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
postinst called with argument `abort-remove'
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
flashplugin-installer

i don't know how to remove it.
(ps: this happened when I upgraded my system to ubuntu 9.10 from 9.04
using ubuntu 9.10 RC alternative iso.)

Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM
ning luwen

have done.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Derek Broughton

ning luwen wrote:

> error from synaptic:
> E: flashplugin-installer: subprocess installed pre-removal script
> returned error exit status 2

Delete /var/lib/dpkg/info/flashplugin-installer.prerm, then remove the
package. Better still, you might try upgrading the package first - I see my
version has this note:
"older versions have a broken prerm script because of update-alternatives
changes"

If your version is <= 10.0.22.87ubuntu2 that would be the problem.
--
derek

Old 10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
NoOp

On 10/28/2009 02:14 AM, ning luwen wrote:
> have done.

Yes... and?
Did that resolve the problem?