Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Bill Taylor

Default Drivers for MSI motherboards

-
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-69

> Message: 11
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:45:01 -0400
> From: "Mike Hammel" <mjhammel@verizon.net>
> Subject: Drivers for MSI motherboards.
> To: <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> I have installed a new MSI 865GM3-V motherboard in my computer. I downloaded (from another computer) 8.1 and installed. All went pretty well except some things don't work so well. The USB optical mouse is a bit flakey but the biggie is the onboard 10-100 Ethernet is not working (although Ubuntu says I am connected to the network, I cannot get to the internet). I have tried several different internet connection settings within Firefox to no avail. Sound isn't working either. But my printer does! I have looked high and low for Linux drivers for this motherboard. All I can find are Win drivers. Any suggestions? I am about ready to give up and go back to XP.
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

I recently built a MSI board and there is where the problem lies. The
drivers were not the proper drivers and the Tech service is some Indian
reading from a computer screen so the answer with every communication
was exactly the same. The problem is MSI and their down hill slide on
quality. I tossed the brand new board in the trash and replaced it with
a BioStar. Good luck and God bless.