Old 03-24-2009, 01:21 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default OT: Thunderbird email removal

I have been using Thunderbird email client for a long time. But this
morning I learned out how to delete old email in large chunks. I have
wanted to do it for some time but it didn't seem to work. Here is what
works.

First select the mail you want to delete. You do this by selecting
the oldest email, and then go to the newest you want to delete and first
hold the Shift key which darkens all the email you want to delete. Now
just click on Delete and watch. It takes a little time but in the lower
left corner it tells you it is sending email to the trash directory. You
can look at the Trash and it will show the files you sent there.

Karl

Old 03-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Avi Greenbury

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> I have been using Thunderbird email client for a long time. But this
> morning I learned out how to delete old email in large chunks. I have
> wanted to do it for some time but it didn't seem to work. Here is what
> works.

What didn't work? Your supplied method is the only one I've ever considered.

--
Avi Greenbury http://aviswebsite.co.uk