Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default ATI machine flickering monitor

The wife's machine has started flickering the monitor. It seems to be
a problem with the computer (hardware? software?) and not the monitor
because the monitor runs fine when connected to my laptop. It seems
that the system is looking for a different screen resolution every so
often:
http://pastebin.com/f5073ece5

I don't even know where to start troubleshooting this. Any ideas?

Hardware: Asus 22" LDC monitor, connected via DVI to the onboard video
card of an Asus motherboard. I haven't yet checked with the VGA cable,
will do tomorrow.
Software: Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.2, fglrx driver. I will try with the
FOSS driver as well.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen