Old 01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Bill Waldron

Default Loading Problems

I am trying to load Unbuntu 7.10 on to my computer. Everything goes
well until the computer starts loading the programs. When the loading
is about 15% done, the computer stops as if it is waiting for
something. Even after about 4 hours nothing changes. Any thoughts about
what I should do?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

bwaldron1940@gmail.com

Old 01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
"Steve Flynn"

On Jan 2, 2008 1:08 AM, Bill Waldron <bwaldron1940@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to load Unbuntu 7.10 on to my computer. Everything goes well
> until the computer starts loading the programs. When the loading is about
> 15% done, the computer stops as if it is waiting for something. Even after
> about 4 hours nothing changes. Any thoughts about what I should do?

If you're not using the Alternative installation disk, you should give
it a shot.

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Derek Broughton

Steve Flynn wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008 1:08 AM, Bill Waldron <bwaldron1940@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to load Unbuntu 7.10 on to my computer. Everything goes well
>> until the computer starts loading the programs. When the loading is about
>> 15% done, the computer stops as if it is waiting for something. Even
>> after about 4 hours nothing changes. Any thoughts about what I should do?
>
> If you're not using the Alternative installation disk, you should give
> it a shot.

And play with the consoles - ctrl-alt-F1 switches to console 1 (where the
install is actually happening) and ctrl-alt-F2 through F4 (at least) take
you to other consoles, at least one of which shows messages as the install
continues.
--
derek

Old 01-02-2008, 08:00 PM
"Pr Lidn"

Does this stall happen with the install cd, or after installation? I had a similar problem, and I disabled Hyperthreading in the bios, and that helped me. So if you have hyperthreading, or a dual-core processor, try disable that. It might help. You could also try a mem-test (from the first boot menu). And try the other peoples suggestion here.

/Pr