Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
"Florian Junghanns"

Default Still problems with hibernate on notebook

Hi there,

thanks to Paul S. for his solution (http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Gutsy_Installation_Guide), suspending is now working perfectly !

But I got still problems with hibernating, and after about 20 days working on this issue I want to solve it completely. So I tried the package "uswsusp".
Hibernating ("s2disk") was working exactly one time. The command "s2ram" is not known, which is really irritating. I found out Synaptic uses version
0.6 and the newest is 0.7 - so I downloaded version 0.7 from "http://suspend.sourceforge.net/". However, as I am fairly new to Ubuntu and Linux at all, I was a little bit shocked by finding some source files. Lucky me, there is a pretty good "HOWTO" included, so I started trying to "make binaries" (? is that the correct _expression_ ?).

After having some problems I found out 0.8 is the actual version and its renamed to suspend (??). I'm really confused now. Trying to configure it via console: "./configure* --enable-compress --with-resume-device=/dev/sda6" results in a final error message: "configure: error: Required pciutils >=
2.2.4 not found". I checked "pciutils" via Synaptic: It is installed in version 2.2.4. OK, I thought, let's install a newer version, maybe 2.2.4 is not enough. After installing version 2.2.8 the same error message turns up. Any ideas?

Greetings,
Sammy