Old 01-01-2008, 10:57 PM
"Anthony Papillion"

Default Writing a device driver

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure this is the right place for this but I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I currently have an Acer laptop with an integrated webcam. There is no driver for this webcam and I'm seriously considering writing one. I'm a good C++ and Java coder and I'm sure I have the chops to do it. I've just never done it before. Can anyone point me to any helpful 'get started' tutorials for writing device drivers under linux?

Thanks,
Anthony