Old 03-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Mark Pyles

Default How to extract page(s) from a multiple page PDF document

Hi everyone:

I am using Ubuntu 8.10(Gnome Desktop)on a Dell Inspiron 1525. I am using
PDFedit(the graphical user interface) and cannot figure out how to
extract a page or pages from a multipage PDF that was sent to me. I have
checked the help file, but it offered no help whatsoever.

I also tried opening up the PDF in gscan2pdf but it showed my documents
in all black and white (which the original pdf pages are not). The
wording on the page was white but the background was all black. Kind of
like how the old copier machines used to copy pages back in the day.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Chris Mohler

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Mark Pyles <markfpyles@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am using Ubuntu 8.10(Gnome Desktop)on a Dell Inspiron 1525. I am using
> PDFedit(the graphical user interface) and cannot figure out how to
> extract a page or pages from a multipage PDF that was sent to me. I have
> checked the help file, but it offered no help whatsoever.

Check 'man pdftk'.

$ pdftk input.pdf cat 2 4 output output.pdf

That will take pages 2 and 4 from input.pdf and write them to
output.pdf. I can't live w/o pdftk (PDF toolkit)

Chris