Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Imran Mohamed

Default Dual Booting & Boot loader

I want to know how should I set my hard disk to boot Ubuntu with alongside of windows.Please give me the partitioning method ( which means what are the values I should assign for the partition eg:-boot,root, swap memory ) for Ubuntu and setting the boot loader from Ubuntu. I am running my computer using Ubuntu installed inside the windows, which gives some slow to the hard disk. Please someone help me.Thank you.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:11 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Imran Mohamed wrote:
> I want to know how should I set my hard disk to boot Ubuntu with alongside
> of windows.Please give me the partitioning method ( which means what are the
> values I should assign for the partition eg:-boot,root, swap memory ) for
> Ubuntu and setting the boot loader from Ubuntu. I am running my computer
> using Ubuntu installed inside the windows, which gives some slow to the hard
> disk. Please someone help me.Thank you.

Please see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot#Installing%20Ubuntu%20after%20Wind ows
. Come back if you have more specific questions.

Matt Flaschen