Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Daevid Vincent

Default Framebuffer console help. Screen switches to highres black screen and underline cursor.

I posted this the other day but feel it might have been lost as sunday evenings are not the best time to post it seems...

Is there a step-by-step FAQ/Howto on this that someone has tried and knows works?

If it matters, I am using an LCD display that does 1280x1024. Gnome/X works just fine, even with Compiz, so the LCD can certainly handle the higher resolution than 80x25 or whatever a console is by default.