-   -   Flash Player under 7.10 64bit (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/26132-flash-player-under-7-10-64bit.html)

Corey Bettenhausen 01-01-2008 10:18 AM

Phil Tann wrote:
> HELP!
>
> I'm starting to get pretty frustrated by my lack of progress in finding a
> flash player for 64bit version of Ubuntu 7.10. I've heard that there's
> a "workaround" for it as there's no official 64bit version of the player...
> but not managed to locate where it is or instructions on how to do it.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
> Cheers all and Happy New Year to all your your families.
The last I heard was that there was no 64-bit flash player. The
"workaround" was to install a 32-bit browser and the regular, 32-bit
flash player. I may be wrong, though. There's been plenty of
discussion about this on here. It would be worthwhile to search the
archives.
-Corey

Phil Tann 01-01-2008 10:24 AM

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 21:48:14 Corey Bettenhausen wrote:
> Phil Tann wrote:
> > HELP!
> >
> > I'm starting to get pretty frustrated by my lack of progress in finding a
> > flash player for 64bit version of Ubuntu 7.10. I've heard that there's
> > a "workaround" for it as there's no official 64bit version of the
> > player... but not managed to locate where it is or instructions on how to
> > do it.
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas?
> > Cheers all and Happy New Year to all your your families.
>
> The last I heard was that there was no 64-bit flash player. The
> "workaround" was to install a 32-bit browser and the regular, 32-bit
> flash player. I may be wrong, though. There's been plenty of
> discussion about this on here. It would be worthwhile to search the
> archives.
> -Corey

Cheers.
Will do

--
Phil Tann
phil@philtann.com

Ari Torhamo 01-01-2008 12:35 PM

ti, 2008-01-01 kello 21:26 +1030, Phil Tann kirjoitti:
> HELP!
>
> I'm starting to get pretty frustrated by my lack of progress in finding a
> flash player for 64bit version of Ubuntu 7.10. I've heard that there's
> a "workaround" for it as there's no official 64bit version of the player...
> but not managed to locate where it is or instructions on how to do it.
> Anyone got any ideas?

Install nspluginwrapper. That will make the 32-bit player work in your
64-bit system. It's explaned here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AMD64/FirefoxAndPlugins?highlight=%
28nspluginwrapper%29
This page is one of the search results, if you search for "flash" in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/
The help pages are somewhat confusing, because there are several partly
overlapping sources of information, and you may quickly lose your track
there.

> Cheers all and Happy New Year to all and your families.

You too :-)

Ari Torhamo

Stratos Laspas 01-01-2008 04:57 PM

Phil Tann wrote:
> HELP!
>
> I'm starting to get pretty frustrated by my lack of progress in finding a
> flash player for 64bit version of Ubuntu 7.10. I've heard that there's
> a "workaround" for it as there's no official 64bit version of the player...
> but not managed to locate where it is or instructions on how to do it.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
> Cheers all and Happy New Year to all and your families.

Normally when you visit eg youtube, firefox will offer to install the
plugin required. Pick adobe flash when asked, then nspluginwrapper and
the rest will be automatically installed.

Then, on top you will have to install the package below, which corrects
a bug created by a recent adobe update (should be in the repos soon).

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/10804892/flashplugin-nonfree_9.0.115.0ubuntu2_amd64.deb

"Pr Lidn" 01-02-2008 02:18 PM

Flash Player under 7.10 64bit

Aren't there a 64-bit version of gnash available? Or maybe it isn't quite so functional yet?

/Pr

2008/1/1, Stratos Laspas <stratos@laspas.gr

Stratos Laspas 01-02-2008 03:53 PM

Flash Player under 7.10 64bit

O/H Pär Lidén *γραψε:
> Aren't there a 64-bit version of gnash available? Or maybe it isn't
> quite so functional yet?

Gnash is still in alpha development stage, however it is already usable
with youtube videos. It is just that, in my case at least, it produced
some artifacts that were not present with the adobe flashplugin.

btw, Happy new year!

Stratos