Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Norberto Bensa

Default problems to connect to ldap server: Fatal error: Call to undefined function ldap_connect()

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Dámaris Suárez Corrales <dhamaris@gmail.com> wrote:

Missing required extension

Your install of PHP appears to be missing LDAP support
Please install LDAP support before using phpLDAPadmin.

Strange. apt should have installed php5-ldap

*

I already had installed (and working) PHP5 and* Apache2. I have installed too php5-ldap library. When i look in my php5 features (using phpinfo() ) i don't see ldap anywhere!

check /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, and /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/ldap.ini

Do you see something there?
*

Does anybody know what i am doing wrong?
Nope
* Or what i am doing right, i suppose :S

Unless you have installed php compiled from source, you're doing everything right.

Regards,
Norberto

Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Dámaris Suárez Corrales

I've been looking for a solution, and i found out that had to uncomment a line in php.ini, in order to enable ldap libraries.

I didn't found that line, but i wrote this command:

extension = mod_ldap.so

The problem maybe is the order in which i installed things. Who goes first? slapd? or apache and php? The last thing i did was to reinstall apache and php, because i don't find any ldap folder in php5 folder, that is a bad sign. Only have a ldap folder in /etc.

Before re-installing apache2 and php5, when i put /localhost/phpldapadmin in the web browser, it showed me:

Missing required extension

Your install of PHP appears to be missing LDAP support
Please install LDAP support before using phpLDAPadmin.

But now is even worse, because it shows:

The requested URL /phpldapadmin was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.9 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4.1 with Suhosin-Patch Server at localhost Port 80

Can anybody help me?? I'm quite lost.

Thank u.

Dámaris.