Old 12-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Mario Crespo Miguel

Default Sound Blaster

Hi everybody!

I am a new user of Ubuntu. I have installed ubuntu 7.10. So far I
am happy with it but I haven't been able to install sound in my
computer. I have a sound blaster card. I wonder if someone of you
could help me. All the best,

Mario

Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
thomas fisher

On Sunday 30 December 2007 09:01:58 Mario Crespo Miguel wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I am a new user of Ubuntu. I have installed ubuntu 7.10. So far I
> am happy with it but I haven't been able to install sound in my
> computer. I have a sound blaster card. I wonder if someone of you
> could help me. All the best,
>
> Mario

Mario my first guess is that ALSA is installed. I do not know why it is this
way but ALSA is " muted " when it first starts. I am uncertain as to where in
the new system it can be " unmuted ".
Tom

Old 01-02-2008, 02:06 PM
"Pr Lidn"

You might also want to look at this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DebuggingSoundProblems.

/Pr

Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Harold Bibik

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 17:06 +0200, Pr Lidn wrote:
> You might also want to look at this page:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DebuggingSoundProblems.
>
> /Pr
>
> 2008/1/1, thomas fisher < studio1@commspeed.net>:
> On Sunday 30 December 2007 09:01:58 Mario Crespo Miguel
> wrote:
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > I am a new user of Ubuntu. I have installed ubuntu 7.10. So
> far I
> > am happy with it but I haven't been able to install sound in
> my
> > computer. I have a sound blaster card. I wonder if someone
> of you
> > could help me. All the best,

things you might want to check:

make sure ALSA is installed

make sure ALSA is unmuted (Check Par's link above

go to your menu and check under SYSTEM - PREFERENCES - SOUND
and make sure ALSA is selected and the right sound card is selected

Double click on your volume control icon on the panel (or open your
mixer)
check under SWITCHES that Audio/Digital Output Jack is UMCHECKED

while in the mixer check under FILE - CHANGE DEVICES that the right
soundcard is selected

just a couple of ideas...hope they work for you and good luck