Old 03-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Default Dual head setup, different resolution screens, virtual screen to big for smaller one

Jorge Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. After fiddling for
> a while (using the graphical Display Preferences tool) I managed to
> run both screens at the optimal resolution for both but now the
> smaller screen has some space (on top) to which windows and the cursor
> can go that does not show on the actual screen. That's probably from
> the virtual screen size being to big for it. Additionally moving
> stuff around either screen is dog-slow, which I suspect is related to
> the same problem. Anyone has any ideas on how to fix this? I'll
> provide more details if necessary, of course.
>
> Thank you,
> Jorge

I've noticed this too with mine, Dell Inspiron 5150, 8.10, nVidia
GeForce FX Go5200, 32 MB video RAM, Restricted driver version 173
(Recommended). Laptop display is 1024, and the external is 1280. But
it's not entirely like the virtual screen is too big, the top & bottom
panels are right on the screen where they should be. I can mouse the
mouse above the top panel, but can't drag a window there. Doesn't bother
me enough to worry about it, though.
But mine isn't slow taking windows to the other screen...

Let me know what details of my system you want. if it'll help.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,