Old 03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Asif Iqbal

Default Network questions

# cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.242
netmask 255.255.255.252
network 192.168.0.240
broadcast 192.168.0.243
gateway 192.168.0.241
# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
dns-nameservers 192.168.0.65
dns-search example.com
aut0 eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.1.230
netmask 255.255.255.252
network 192.168.1.228
broadcast 192.168.1.231
gateway 192.168.1.229
# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
dns-nameservers 192.168.1.65
dns-search example.com

How do I modify the above setup so that I only have one default gw
192.168.0.241 and a second gw 192.168.1.229 only for the network 192.168.1.228 ?

With the existing interfaces file, only one interface eth0 comes up. I
need to run ifup eth1 manually as root for the eth1 to come up.
However then the system has two default gw and hence do not respond to
network anymore

Also I have no access to the switches that these interfaces are connected
to. So only way I can make the interfaces 100/full is by running the following
command manually for each interface

ethtool -s <interface> speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

Is there a way I can modify the interfaces file to stick these options, as well,
short of writing a init script?

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Norberto Bensa

don't specify gw where it is not needed. The route is enough

Sent from my mobile device

Mon Mar 9 23:30:02 2009