Old 03-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Vincent Arnoux

Default Brightness applet works in KDE but not in Gnome

Hello the list,
As the title says, I have in issue with the brightness applet in gnome
(the slider that lets you modify the screen brightness) on my 8.10
laptop. In KDE it works fine. In Gnome, when I move the slider, the
desktop will hang for a few minutes (5 to 10 minutes) and (very slow)
step by (very slow) step reach the brightness level I set. How can I
fix or at least where should I look to debug that behavior?

Thanks,
Vincent

Old 03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Vincent Arnoux wrote:
> Hello the list,
> As the title says, I have in issue with the brightness applet in gnome
> (the slider that lets you modify the screen brightness) on my 8.10
> laptop. In KDE it works fine. In Gnome, when I move the slider, the
> desktop will hang for a few minutes (5 to 10 minutes) and (very slow)
> step by (very slow) step reach the brightness level I set. How can I
> fix or at least where should I look to debug that behavior?
>
> Thanks,
> Vincent

I have a much bigger problem on both Hardy and 8.11, I can't find a
brightness applet anywhere :-)

Please give me a hint where to go to find this control.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

> * *I have a much bigger problem on both Hardy and 8.11, I can't find a
> brightness applet anywhere :-)
>
> * *Please give me a hint where to go to find this control.
>
> Karl

In 8.10: Add to Panel -> Brightness Applet

L.