Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Andy Kannberg

Default Ubuntu preconfig /preseed

Hi all,

I am looking for information about the preconfiguration files for Ubuntu 8.10
I've got a working version, but I have som stuff I would like to implement. However, I do not know if my wishes can be fulfilled. Anyway, here goes:

- is it possible to use include files (like with RedHat kickstart)
- Is it possible to use pre and post scripts ? I read somewhere on an Ubuntu wiki about the preseed/late_command, but cannot find decent documentation about it ?

- Is it possible to suppress or automate the questions about keyboard/locale, which the Ubuntu installer asks in the beginning ?
- Is it possible to suppres/automate the question about encrypted homedirs* ?

Also, is there a maillinglist for the Ubuntu preseed/kickseed stuff ?

Hope I can get some of my questions answered !

TIA !
Andy