Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Dámaris Suárez Corrales

Default problems with OpenLDAP installation!!! please, help!

Hi, I'm a newbie on this, i was trying to build the system (after configure, and make dependencies without error) openLDAP,* and get this error message:
I have installed Cyrus SASL, OpenSSL, POSIX REGEX, and even gnuPG, i don't think the problem is in the prerrequisite software.

(ITS#5666) getpeereid.c:65: error: storage size of peercred isnt known

So I looked for the cause, and find out that it was something related to an incompatibility with glibc, on this page:
http://www.globalsight.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=40&func=view &id=100&catid=26

Where it says:

The workaround is to compile with CPPFLAGS=-D_GNU_SOURCE

So:

sudo env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/include -D_GNU_SOURCE"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/lib" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/openldap --enable-ldbm

I tried first, to configure like this:

>env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/include -D_GNU_SOURCE"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/lib" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/openldap --enable-ldbm

It made appear new errors, so i tried to go back typing this: //only setting what i thougth it was the problem,
>./configure
>env CPPFLAGS=-D_GNU_SOURCE

It seems that i have gone backwards, because now when trying to configure openLDAP it doesn't recognize BerkeleyDB:

checking db.h usability... no

checking db.h presence... no

checking for db.h... no

configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available
and the configure stops.

I installed last version of Berkeley, but i still have olders versions that i cannot delete because the system advices me that it will affect a lot of programs. That would be horrible!

Some suggestions?

How can i delete older versions of berkeleyDB (4.2 and 4.6) without affecting the entire system? What is the problem with glibc? Is that i have to change something or define some parameter?

Another doubt..is a problem to extract the files of all these programs that i am trying to install, in a folder like /home/files ?? Am i obliged to use another like /tmp or /usr/lib???
*

I'm quite lost.

Thank you for any help.

Dámaris.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Norberto Bensa

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Dámaris Suárez Corrales <dhamaris@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I'm a newbie on this, i was trying to build the system (after configure, and make dependencies without error) openLDAP,* and get this error message:
I have installed Cyrus SASL, OpenSSL, POSIX REGEX, and even gnuPG, i don't think the problem is in the prerrequisite software.

Are you compiling openldap from source? Why?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Dámaris Suárez Corrales

Oh, i was compiling the source because i didn't know it would be so complicated, but it was :S

What then should i do? I didn't found OpenLDAP in the repository. The point is that i am not sure if OpenLDAP is the set of libraries that i already have installed, or i have to look for it....

What do i do to make it easier?

Thank u for your help

Dámaris.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 AM
"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)"

Dámaris Suárez Corrales wrote:
> Oh, i was compiling the source because i didn't know it would be so
> complicated, but it was :S
>
> What then should i do? I didn't found OpenLDAP in the repository.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=slapd
And from the commande line:

$ apt-cache search openldap
python-ldap - An LDAP interface module for Python
ldapscripts - Add and remove user and groups (stored in a LDAP directory)
libdbd-ldap-perl - Perl extension for LDAP access via an SQL/Perl DBI
interface
libldap-ruby1.8 - OpenLDAP library binding for Ruby 1.8
libsasl2-modules-ldap - Cyrus SASL - pluggable authentication modules (LDAP)
smbldap-tools - Scripts to manage Unix and Samba accounts stored on LDAP
ldap-utils - OpenLDAP utilities
libldap-2.4-2 - OpenLDAP libraries
libldap-2.4-2-dbg - Debugging information for OpenLDAP libraries
libldap2-dev - OpenLDAP development libraries
slapd - OpenLDAP server (slapd)
slapd-dbg - Debugging information for the OpenLDAP server (slapd)

--
Chef de projet chez Vectoris
Phone: +261 33 11 207 36

Old 03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Norberto Bensa

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Dámaris Suárez Corrales <dhamaris@gmail.com> wrote:

What do i do to make it easier?

sudo aptitude install slapd
sudo dpkg-reconfigure slapd

:-)

and maybe you'll want these too:

sudo aptitude install ldap-utils phpldapadmin

ldap-utils has ldapsearch, and phpldapadmin will pull apache, php, etc for a nice "gui" tool for openldap :-)

Regards,
Norberto