-   -   Problem with firefox URGENT (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/25943-problem-firefox-urgent.html)

Rajat 12-31-2007 08:57 PM

Problem with firefox URGENT

Dear All,

In my pursuit to install the plugin to run youtube videos I ended up messing up firefox on my system.

Now firefox doesn't start on my machine and I get the following error on the terminal

/opt/firefox/firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5:
*cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I followed the instructions from the following url

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxPlugins#head-f2cb121435f0562c0fe4cd261d4cfc1d9723ec1e

Rt now i am using iceape but I need mozilla as I am more comfortable with that. Please help and let me know how I can reinstall firefox. I tried the same through the Synaptic Package Manager but was not sure what are the packages to be reinstalled (there are many with mozilla)

Thanks
Rajat