Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Robert Parker

Default DVD playback on AMD 64 bit system

I built a 64 bit AMD system for a friend about 18 months ago. Ended up
installing the then current Kubuntu after the same edition of Ubuntu
gave me too much grief getting his Brother printer going. But he has
never been able to play DVDs using Amarok on the system. To get to the
point, he has decided to upgrade by installing the latest *buntu. The
ability to watch DVDs and play music is a must have for him. So my
question is, should he install a 64 bit version or simply drop back to
using a 32 bit system. He has 1 gig memory and will never need to
address more than that. Sorry if i am a little vague on the details,
the system is 12 hours or so flying time away from where I am now.

Thanks,
Bob Parker
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!