Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Devon Harding

Default Yum's groupremove?

Is there a function in Ubuntu similar to yum's groupremove? *I'm trying to build a server for VMWare server with the bare minimums.
Thanks,
-Devon

Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Florian Diesch

Devon Harding <devonharding@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a function in Ubuntu similar to yum's groupremove? I'm trying to
> build a server for VMWare server with the bare minimums.

What does yum's groupremove do?

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Devon Harding

What does yum's groupremove do?

It allows you to remove all packages associated with a particular software group, say 'X Windows System'
-Devon

Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Florian Diesch

Devon Harding <devonharding@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What does yum's groupremove do?
>>
> It allows you to remove all packages associated with a particular software
> group, say 'X Windows System'

Ubuntu doesn't have this. I guess it can be done with a bit of shell
scripting.

To install a minimum system see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/LowMemorySystems

Florian