Old 03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
"Daevid Vincent"

Default Framebuffer console help

I'm trying
to set a 1280x1024 frame buffer console on my 8.10 server:
*
When I do
"vga=ask" the mode says "31B", but this page says "791"
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ConsoleFramebuffer
*
Either one
causes the screen to go high-resolution, blank and just a little "_" in the top
left corner.
It never
recovers, yet the server is booted as I can ssh into it and the
web/mysql/mail/etc are all working.
*
What am I
doing wrong? This is on an Intel mobo with built in graphics (however, I do get
Compiz working just fine in X/Gnome)
*
*