Old 12-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Sam Fielder

Default smbfs share, sd card, mounting question

I am trying to set up my laptop to do the following:

-When I am at home (attached to my network):
-auto mount a network share containing my music library
-auto mount my 4Gb SD card (if present)
-be able to transfer a playlist to the SD card for later

-When away (not connected to network or internet):
-auto mount SD card
-listen to previously synced playlist

-Always:
-be able to mount/umount the network share and the SD card from the gui

-what is working:
-syncing playlist to SD card with Amarok when (SD and smb share) mounted
-SD mounts on boot
-Not working
-Cannot umount SD card or network share(when mounted) from the gui: /
/

*

/[mntent]: line 17 in /etc/fstab is bad: only root
can unmount UUID=364B-50C2 from /media/mmcblk0p1/

-network share doesn't mount at boot

I don't think my fstab is setup right. If someone could point me in the
right direction I would appreciate it.

thanks

Sam

Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
"Pr Lidn"

Hmm, what do you mean with auto mount? do you mean that as soon that you are connected to your home network, a share of* some others of your computers at home should be mounted? I think that is pretty difficult to do. You might be able to do it with new Upstart (
http://upstart.ubuntu.com/). Then you'd have to create some kind of job descriptions. But probably it does not even have this functionality yet, you'd have to wait till ubuntu
8.10 at least, I would guess.

Or do you want that network share to automount at boot? That could be accomplished by typing the share /etc/fstab.

What does your fstab look like, could send it?

In this line (taken from my own fstab), the user keyword means that normal users can mount /umount it. Maybe you can try adding that?

/dev/cdrom******* /media/cdrom0** udf,iso9660 user,noauto**** 0****** 0

/Pr

*********