Old 03-07-2009, 05:41 AM
"Nguyen Tuan Anh (TRONLab-SRU)"

Default question about remote desktop on Ubuntu/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I’m a new to* Unix-Ubuntu.Now,I have to set a server
computer using Ubuntu.But,I don’t know how to do.So,I have some questions
for you about this problem.

1.******
How to set remote utility in Ubuntu?

2.******
A server computer using Ubuntu need to have what
things?

3.******
Software to download for this server computer?

*

*Thanks and Best Regards.

Happy 10th
Anniversary to FPT Software!

**** 13/01/1999 - 13/01/2009* *

*

Nguyen Tuan Anh

*

FPT Software Company

FPT
Building, Pham Hung Rd., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam

Embedded System Dev.

F-Space Lab

Mobile:097.6686.239

Email: anhnt-es01@fsoft.com.vn*******
tuananhngbk2407@gmail.com

*

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The
information in this e-mail and any attached files is CONFIDENTIAL and may be legally
privileged or prohibited from disclosure and unauthorized use.* The views
of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Company.

It is
intended solely for the addressee, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering such materials to the addressee.* If you have received this
message in error please return it to the sender then delete the email and
destroy any copies of it.* If you are not the intended recipient, any form
of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution
and/or publication or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon
this message or its attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful.

At present the integrity of e-mail across the Internet cannot be
guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.* All
liability is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as
a result of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
the*FPT Software JSC.

*

Old 03-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Carl Friis-Hansen

Nguyen Tuan Anh (TRONLab-SRU) wrote:
> Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> I’m a new to Unix-Ubuntu.Now,I have to set a server computer using
> Ubuntu.But,I don’t know how to do.So,I have some questions for you about
> this problem.
>
> 1. How to set remote utility in Ubuntu?
>
> 2. A server computer using Ubuntu need to have what things?
>
> 3. Software to download for this server computer?
>

> Thanks and Best Regards.
>
> *H**ap**py* *10*^th * **Annive**rsary *to* **FPT Soft**ware!*
>
> * ** ** ** **13/01/1999 - 13/01/2009 *
>

> *Nguyen Tuan Anh*
>
> * *
>
> *F**P**T** Software* *Company*
>
> FPT Building, Pham Hung Rd., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
>
> Embedded System Dev.
>
> F-Space Lab
>
> Mobile:097.6686.239
>
> Email: anhnt-es01@fsoft.com.vn <mailto:anhnt-es01@fsoft.com.vn>
> _tuananhngbk2407@gmail.com_

> IMPORTANT NOTICE
>
> The information in this e-mail and any attached files is CONFIDENTIAL
> and may be legally privileged or prohibited from disclosure and
> unauthorized use. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect
> those of the Company.
>
> It is intended solely for the addressee, or the employee or agent
> responsible for delivering such materials to the addressee. If you have
> received this message in error please return it to the sender then
> delete the email and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
> disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication or any action
> taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon this message or its
> attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> At present the integrity of e-mail across the Internet cannot be
> guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.
> All liability is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims
> arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit information by
> or to the FPT Software JSC.

Are you sure there are no colleagues in your company who can help you?
With the expertise your company proclaim, there are bound to be people
with excellent knowledge.

One question per thread, please. Make sure each question is well formed,
so we get an idea of what you want. It would be better if you could send
in plain text (no html).
--
+---------------------------------+-------------------+
| Carl Friis-Hansen | Fiskeryd Nybygget |

Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Thorny

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:41:12 +0700, Nguyen Tuan Anh (TRONLab-SRU) wrote:

> Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> I'm a new to Unix-Ubuntu.Now,I have to set a server computer using
> Ubuntu.But,I don't know how to do.So,I have some questions for you about
> this problem.
>
> 1. How to set remote utility in Ubuntu?
>
> 2. A server computer using Ubuntu need to have what things?
>
> 3. Software to download for this server computer?

This might be a place for you to start, the page for Ubuntu server
edition. http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition. It has
links to explanations and downloads. Specific questions to this list will
get the best answers.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
NoOp

On 03/06/2009 10:41 PM, Nguyen Tuan Anh (TRONLab-SRU) wrote:
> Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> I'm a new to Unix-Ubuntu.Now,I have to set a server computer using
> Ubuntu.But,I don't know how to do.So,I have some questions for you about
> this problem.
>
> 1. How to set remote utility in Ubuntu?
>
> 2. A server computer using Ubuntu need to have what things?
>
> 3. Software to download for this server computer?

Start here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/support/communitysupport
left hand side is Documentation which leads you to:
https://help.ubuntu.com/
and here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/index.html
then
Other Documentation
Ubuntu Server Guide
and there you will find:
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/index.html
which should give you just about all of the information that you need.

I point out the above so that you will become familiar with the help
documents that are available via Ubuntu (there are many). If after
reviewing that serverguide & you still have questions please do not
hesitate to post back (just please trim your msg - see below) & welcome
to Ubuntu :-)

Note on the rest of your message: it's best to not send the following on
this list as it only detracts from your question(s). Further please keep
in mind that many users of this list view/download from limited
resources (my apologies to those for including the entire msg while
making this point) and such added 'promotion' isn't appreciated. Please
see: http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists/etiquette for
additional information.