Old 03-07-2009, 01:15 AM
"Ken T."

Default PDFs save to file?

I'm running Swiftweasel for a browser (a firefox derivative) and sometime
a while back it stopped opening PDF files when I click on the links and
instead saves them to my desktop.

How do I get the opening behavior back?

Thanks,

--
Ken T. <ktectropy@gmail.com>

Old 03-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Ken T. wrote:
> I'm running Swiftweasel for a browser (a firefox derivative) and sometime
> a while back it stopped opening PDF files when I click on the links and
> instead saves them to my desktop.

Delete (or backup) mozpluggerrc if it's on your home directory (see man
mozplugger for possible places), then:

sudo apt-get remove --purge mozplugger
sudo apt-get install kpdf
sudo apt-get install --reinstall mozplugger

Matt Flaschen

Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 AM
"Ken T."

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 22:12:28 -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> Ken T. wrote:
>> I'm running Swiftweasel for a browser (a firefox derivative) and
>> sometime a while back it stopped opening PDF files when I click on the
>> links and instead saves them to my desktop.
>
> Delete (or backup) mozpluggerrc if it's on your home directory (see man
> mozplugger for possible places), then:
>
> sudo apt-get remove --purge mozplugger sudo apt-get install kpdf
> sudo apt-get install --reinstall mozplugger
>
> Matt Flaschen

Apparently mozplugger was not installed. I tried installing it, but that
didn't change anything. BTW, I'm running Hardy.

Thanks.

--
Ken T. <ktectropy@gmail.com>

Old 03-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Matthew Flaschen

Ken T. wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 22:12:28 -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
>
>> Ken T. wrote:
>>> I'm running Swiftweasel for a browser (a firefox derivative) and
>>> sometime a while back it stopped opening PDF files when I click on the
>>> links and instead saves them to my desktop.
>> Delete (or backup) mozpluggerrc if it's on your home directory (see man
>> mozplugger for possible places), then:
>>
>> sudo apt-get remove --purge mozplugger sudo apt-get install kpdf
>> sudo apt-get install --reinstall mozplugger
>>
>> Matt Flaschen
>
> Apparently mozplugger was not installed. I tried installing it, but that
> didn't change anything. BTW, I'm running Hardy.

I'm running hardy too. Did you run exactly the commands I gave (somehow
it looks like the first two got made into one line)? Also, did you make
sure you deleted all copies of mozpluggerrc on your computer?

Matt Flaschen

Old 03-09-2009, 04:36 AM
"Ken T."

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 17:06:27 -0400, Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> Ken T. wrote:

>>> Delete (or backup) mozpluggerrc if it's on your home directory (see
>>> man mozplugger for possible places), then:
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get remove --purge mozplugger sudo apt-get install kpdf sudo
>>> apt-get install --reinstall mozplugger
>>>
>>> Matt Flaschen
>>
>> Apparently mozplugger was not installed. I tried installing it, but
>> that didn't change anything. BTW, I'm running Hardy.
>
> I'm running hardy too. Did you run exactly the commands I gave (somehow
> it looks like the first two got made into one line)? Also, did you make
> sure you deleted all copies of mozpluggerrc on your computer?
>
> Matt Flaschen

I admit I was creative. I didn't want to install kpdf since I don't use
KDE stuff on this laptop. Since mozplugger wasn't installed I installed
it without purging it.

I can give it a shot with exactly your command lines, but is there an
alternative to using kpdf? I think evince is what I normally use.

--
Ken T. <ktectropy@gmail.com>

Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Ken T. wrote:
> I admit I was creative. I didn't want to install kpdf since I don't use
> KDE stuff on this laptop. Since mozplugger wasn't installed I installed
> it without purging it.

It may have been installed in the past, in which case there would
still be (potentially bad) configs.

> I can give it a shot with exactly your command lines, but is there an
> alternative to using kpdf?

I don't know. I don't use evince... I would try it my way, and you can
always remove kpdf (and dependencies) later either way.

Matt Flaschen