Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Carl Friis-Hansen

Default FireFox 3.0.7 and transparency

John Mark Walker wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Carl Friis-Hansen
> <ubuntuuser@carl-fh.com> wrote:
>> If you want to see what I mean with this transparency, please have a look at:
>> http://carl-fh.com/
>> and look at the analog clock there. The background should shine totally
>> through, so if the clock is black, then the transparency doesn't work. It
>> is an old Linux/UNIX/Mac problem, that just has been addressed by Adope,
>> so what is wrong with the version from the repositories?
>
> I had no idea you could download firefox from adobe. I use the firefox
> from the Ubuntu repository and can see the transparency just fine. I
> notice you're using ubuntu 8.04 - could it be that the version of
> flash that shipped with 8.04 is different from what ships with 8.10,
> which is what I use?
>
> In any case, I suspect the problem is with the version of flash used
> by the "bad" browser.
>
> -JM

You could be very right, will check it tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Steve Cook

Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Brian Lunergan

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 22:39 +0000, Steve Cook wrote:

<snipped content>

> 8.10 uses flash 10 r22 and 8.04.2 uses 9.0 rl 24 according to aboutlugins

I just installed 3.0.7 of FireFox today from the repository and the
clock animation works just fine. I'm running 8.04 LTS up to date and
aboutlugins reports shockwave flash 10.0 r22.

--
Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario

Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 PM