Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Carl Friis-Hansen

Default Domain

Jammer wrote:
> We just downlosded Ubuntu 8.10 here at work and we are wondering if it can join our domain. Any suggestions?

If it is Windows workgroup/domain you are talking about, no problem I
think. You need to install the appropriate samba protocol though:

sudo aptitude install smbclient

or something like that.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Matthew Flaschen

Jammer wrote:
> We just downlosded Ubuntu 8.10 here at work and we are wondering if it can join our domain.

By domain you mean Active Directory domain? Take a look at
http://anothersysadmin.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/howto-active-directory-authentication-in-ubuntu-804/
which explains how to do it with the likewise-open package, which is
based on Samba (http://samba.org/).

Matt Flaschen

Old 03-07-2009, 03:41 AM
Jammer

How do you join to a si windows domain?

Miguel Rosas

Old 03-07-2009, 04:41 AM
Carl Friis-Hansen

Jammer wrote:
> How do you join to a si windows domain?

It is samba. Samba is what ties you to Windows over a network.

Follow this conversation and you will get there. It is Redhat, but the
idea is the same for Ubuntu.

http://www.ozzu.com/unix-linux-forum/joining-linux-windows-domain-t42306.html