Old 03-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Dámaris Suárez Corrales

Default problems again with OpenLDAP installation

Hi, I'm a newbie on this, i was trying to build the system (after configure, and make dependencies without error) openLDAP,* and get this error message:

(ITS#5666) getpeereid.c:65: error: storage size of peercred isnt known

So I looked for the cause, and find out that it was something related to an incompatibility with glibc, on this page:
http://www.globalsight.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=40&func=view &id=100&catid=26

Where it says:

The workaround is to compile with CPPFLAGS=-D_GNU_SOURCE

So:

sudo env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/include -D_GNU_SOURCE"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/lib" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/openldap --enable-ldbm

I tried first, to configure like this:

>env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/include -D_GNU_SOURCE"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/lib" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/openldap --enable-ldbm

It made appear new errors, so i tried to go back typing this: //only setting what i thougth it was the problem,
>./configure
>env CPPFLAGS=-D_GNU_SOURCE

It seems that i have gone backwards, because now when trying to configure openLDAP it doesn't recognize BerkeleyDB:

checking db.h usability... no

checking db.h presence... no

checking for db.h... no

configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available
and the configure stops.

I checked and made sure that db.h was install in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/include/db.h. The problem is worse, because i don't have a Berkeley folder in /usr/local, nor in all the system. I found out that i have 3 versions of berkeleyDB: 4.2, 4.6 and 4.7. When trying to delete 4.6, the manager tells me that it will affect a lot of programs, even apache2 server!!! that would be going to the begginng.

Some suggestions?

How can i delete older versions of berkeleyDB (4.2 and 4.6) without affecting the entire system? Why it doesn't appear the berkeleyDB folder? What is the problem with glibc? Is that i have to change something or define some parameter?

I'm quite lost.

Thank u.

Dámaris.