Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 PM
allen meyers

Default Sudden inability to access or open firebox

For no reason I can ascertain Firebox suddenly refuses to open, hence
inability to search, or get to g.mail. Guess I am fortunate to have
evolution. At any rate since I cannot delete and reinstall Firebox is
there a repair capability. If so please advise or offer options.
Thanks again

Allen Meyers
texas.chef94@gmail.com
OR
chef11994@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Karl Auer

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 10:38 -0700, allen meyers wrote:
> For no reason I can ascertain Firebox suddenly refuses to open, hence
> inability to search, or get to g.mail. Guess I am fortunate to have
> evolution. At any rate since I cannot delete and reinstall Firebox is
> there a repair capability. If so please advise or offer options.
> Thanks again

There was a recent firefox upgrade which required a restart of firefox.
It's quite common after such upgrades to be unable to open new firefox
windows - either they don't open at all, or you get mysterious error
dialogues.

Have you closed all open firefox windows? As a last resort you could log
out of X and log in again to make certain. Then try again.

Regards, K.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Allen Meyers

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Karl Auer <kauer@biplane.com.au> wrote:

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 10:38 -0700, allen meyers wrote:

> For no reason I can ascertain Firebox suddenly refuses to open, hence

> inability to search, or get to g.mail. Guess I am fortunate to have

> evolution. At any rate since I cannot delete and reinstall Firebox is

> there a repair capability. If so please advise or offer options.

> Thanks again

There was a recent firefox upgrade which required a restart of firefox.

It's quite common after such upgrades to be unable to open new firefox

windows - either they don't open at all, or you get mysterious error

dialogues.

Have you closed all open firefox windows? As a last resort you could log

out of X and log in again to make certain. Then try again.

Regards, K.Solved
Log out X and log in again worked. Thank you so much

Karl Auer (kauer@biplane.com.au) * * * * * * * * * +61-2-64957160 (h)

http://www.biplane.com.au/~kauer/ * * * * * * * * *+61-428-957160 (mob)

GPG fingerprint: 07F3 1DF9 9D45 8BCD 7DD5 00CE 4A44 6A03 F43A 7DEF

Allen Meyers
texas.chef94@gmail.com

The ability to comfortably use a computer is directly proportional to desire to listen, learn, and experiment, and is inversely proportional to the fear, anger, and stubbornness that you show.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Brian McKee

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Karl Auer <kauer@biplane.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 10:38 -0700, allen meyers wrote:
>> For no reason I can ascertain Firebox suddenly refuses to open,

> Have you closed all open firefox windows? As a last resort you could log
> out of X and log in again to make certain. Then try again.

And if that doesn't work - rename your ~/.mozilla folder and try again.
This will move your bookmarks, extensions etc aside and firefox will
start 'fresh' so to speak.
If that succeeds then you know the problem lies in your own info and
you can start thinking about problem extensions, or google how to
create a new profile etc....