-   -   couple of quick questions (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/258038-couple-quick-questions.html)

Al Black 03-06-2009 07:28 AM

couple of quick questions

Hi gang,

Just a quick question so that I can properly ask the questions I want...

What is the shell command to get the video card and monitor on that
running on a machine?

Thanks in advance,
al

Nils Kassube 03-06-2009 08:32 AM

couple of quick questions

Al Black wrote:
> What is the shell command to get the video card and monitor on that
> running on a machine?

You can find out the video card with one of these commands:

lspci
sudo lshw -C display

I don't know of a command to identify the monitor though. You can check
the file /var/log/Xorg.0.log if there is information about your
monitor.

Nils