Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Dámaris Suárez Corrales

Default problems trying to configure OpenLDAP

Hello, I am a begginer trying to install OpenLDAP, and i can't configure OpenLDAP, it shows this message error:

configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available

Does it mean that i chose the uncorrect mirror? Maybe it's for something that i already had installed? I uninstalled slapd first to start for the beggining and avoid errors...can anybody help me? (sorry for my english, by the way)

Thank U

Dámaris.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Dámaris Suárez Corrales
<dhamaris@gmail.com> wrote:
> configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available

Context. Is this from source? If so, why?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Dámaris Suárez Corrales

Ok,i've just find out that the problem was that i didn't install Berkeley DB!!! what a nonsense!

I thought this database had to be already in the package of OpenLDAP.

Fixed. Thank u for asking,

Dámaris.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Dámaris Suárez Corrales
<dhamaris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok,i've just find out that the problem was that i didn't install Berkeley
> DB!!! what a nonsense!
>
> I thought this database had to be already in the package of OpenLDAP.

OpenLDAP can use many backends. Maybe the maintainer didn't want to
have a harddep in BDB ;-)