Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
"Lubbers, Nicholas"

Default Imaging a 8.04 Server

I need some quick advice for a bootable cd similar to ghost to clone an
entire server. The disks are in raid 5 with logical partitioning set up.
Filesystem is ext3.

I've had very good luck with clonezilla live previously but I am having
issues with it cloning this particular server (Dell T300). The server
currently is in production and I've made several attempts using
clonezilla. I cannot afford to have much more downtime and need to look
for a different imaging solution.

Thanks All

Old 03-05-2009, 07:27 PM
"Lubbers, Nicholas"

> I've had very good luck with clonezilla live previously but I am
having
> issues with it cloning this particular server (Dell T300). The server
> currently is in production and I've made several attempts using
> clonezilla. I cannot afford to have much more downtime and need to
look
> for a different imaging solution.

I forgot to mention that the hardware is going to be identical to the
source. I think the reason I chose clonezilla was because it was able to
set up grub while restoring the image. I need to be able to restore the
entire server to another identical T300 and have it boot with minimal
(preferably none) additional configuration.