Old 03-05-2009, 03:50 PM
John Heinen

Default wubi/ubuntu

/ I finally have Ubuntu/wubi downloaded, It's in windows xp, in
explore-programs.
Now what do I do to start Ubuntu. I clicked on install, get boot, cust
install, mds sums, etc then what?
Appreciate suggestions, Thanks john
/

Old 03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
John Heinen

Michael Haney wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM, John Heinen <hensandpat@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> / I finally have Ubuntu/wubi downloaded, It's in windows xp, in
>> explore-programs.
>> Now what do I do to start Ubuntu. I clicked on install, get boot, cust
>> install, mds sums, etc then what?
>> Appreciate suggestions, Thanks john
>> /
>>

> Ok, first of all did you get a Window that let you choose the size of
> the drive Ubuntu would be installed into, and that let you set your
> username and password? If you passed this step and the MD5 Sums part
> is where Wubi downloads the Ubuntu image file from the Internet and
> creates the virtual drive partition. At this point Ubuntu isn't fully
> installed yet. You need to reboot your computer, and before the
> Windows loading screen appears you should get a menu. Choose Ubuntu
> on this menu and Ubuntu should start and begin installing itself to
> the virtual partition. That process takes 10 to 20 minutes depending
> on the speed of your hard drive. Good luck.

I do have a bit of a problem though, I allready have listed on the grub
install ubuntu 8.o4 .i twice and another one ubuntu memtest 86+ They
are all on the same hard drive.
Messy! How do I clear those?

Old 03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Michael Haney