Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Mario Vukelic

Default How to add "New Terminal" link in the Menu that comes when we right click on Desktop

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 15:04 +0530, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:
> How can I add few more items in the Menu that comes when we Right
> Click on the Desktop in Ubuntu 8.04.
> The available options Create Folder, Create Launcher .... , Create
> Document, Clean Up by Name, Keep Aligned, Paste.

> Suppose I want to add a new Item say "New Terminal" and this will open
> a new terminal.

For the terminal, install nautilus-open-terminal
There is also nautilus-gksu that you can install to to have a "open as
administrator". Install nautilus-image-converter to convert images and
nautilus-script-audio-convert for audio, and nautilus-wallpaper to be
able to choose wallpaper.

For arbitrary items, install nautilus-actions.

To be able to write scripts that can be launched on rightclick, see the
nautilus-script-* packages