Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Александр Горлов

Default how to check

the directories /etc/rcX.d contains link to scripts* that responsible for starting and stopping services for corresponding run-level

/etc/rc1.d - level 1
/etc/rc2.d - level 2
etc.

The name of scripts consist of* K or S then number then name of service.

K - means kill service
S - means start service
number is define serial number for starting or killing

Downloaded packages are saved in /var/cache/apt/archive.