Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 AM
kapil singh kushwah

Default Linux Router(Load Balancer) cum proxyserver

Hello all,

How to use linux box as a load balancer and proxy server.
I want to install linuxbox as a router having two WAN's and
a single LAN for Internet sharing. after that I would like to
install Squid for caching and content filtering.

what will be the best options for doing such type of setup

--
Regards
Kapil singh Kushwah

Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
NoOp

On 03/03/2009 11:21 PM, kapil singh kushwah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> How to use linux box as a load balancer and proxy server.
> I want to install linuxbox as a router having two WAN's and
> a single LAN for Internet sharing. after that I would like to
> install Squid for caching and content filtering.
>
> what will be the best options for doing such type of setup

Perhaps:
<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2BLoad+Balancer& btnG=Search>

will help?

Examples:
<http://codeghar.wordpress.com/2007/11/04/create-a-load-balance-server-using-ubuntu/>
<http://www.lucidtips.com/2008/08/24/setting-up-a-linux-based-software-load-balancer/>
http://www.unix-tutorials.com/go.php?id=3691
[How To Set Up A Loadbalanced High-Availability Apache Cluster Based On
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS]
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/
http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Load_balancer

Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Victor Padro

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:50 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 03/03/2009 11:21 PM, kapil singh kushwah wrote:

> Hello all,

> How to use linux box as a load balancer and proxy server.

> I want to install linuxbox as a router having two WAN's and

> a single LAN *for Internet sharing. after that I would like to

> install Squid for caching and *content filtering.

> what will be the best options for doing such type of setup

Perhaps:

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2BLoad+Balancer& btnG=Search>

will help?

Examples:

<http://codeghar.wordpress.com/2007/11/04/create-a-load-balance-server-using-ubuntu/>

<http://www.lucidtips.com/2008/08/24/setting-up-a-linux-based-software-load-balancer/>

http://www.unix-tutorials.com/go.php?id=3691

[How To Set Up A Loadbalanced High-Availability Apache Cluster Based On

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS]

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Load_balancer

The easiest way for me after looking for many alternatives was Pfsense, although can be done with any linux distro, specially Ubuntu.

Bye,

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente servidas"