Old 03-04-2009, 05:47 AM
"V.C.Raju"

Default REg- Ubuntu 8.04 Lts ser GUi suuport............

Hi
* i m installing* ubuntu 8.04 LTS server . i m not able to graphical mode, this version supporting gui* mode or not,pls* help me as soon as possible.
--
Warm Regards

V.C.Raju

Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 AM
"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)"

V.C.Raju wrote:
> Hi
> i m installing ubuntu 8.04 LTS server . i m not able to graphical mode,
> this version supporting gui mode or not,pls help me as soon as possible.

You know,... seeing the effort you make to write your query, I am going
to make the equivalent effort to help you.

--
Chef de projet chez Vectoris
Phone: +261 33 11 207 36

Old 03-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 3:47 AM, V.C.Raju <raju.vcr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> * i m installing* ubuntu 8.04 LTS server . i m not able to graphical mode,
> this version supporting gui* mode or not,pls* help me as soon as possible.

There's no graphical interface for Ubuntu Server.

If you want a graphic environment please install Ubuntu Desktop
instead of the server edition.

Providing you have already a server installed, and want to keep it you may:

sudo aptitude install ubuntu-desktop

from the terminal, to install a Gnome graphic environment.

L.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Charlie Brune

V.C.Raju wrote:
> Hi
> i m installing ubuntu 8.04 LTS server . i m not able to graphical
> mode, this version supporting gui mode or not,pls help me as soon as
> possible.
>
> --
> Warm Regards
>
> V.C.Raju

I've read on the net that installing "ubuntu-desktop" will do what you want.

Just type:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

I hope this helps,
Charlie Brune